Monday, January 21, 2013

Cross Stich with the Sweet Threads Simply Sent Kit

-->
Cross Stitch!  I LOVE the Sweet Threads Simply Sent Kit in the Spring Catalog.  We had fun making them at our last Chicks and Salsa class.  A couple girls have never cross stitched before and felt so accomplished with their finished cards.

With this card I added a few extra elements.  I embossed, paper pierced the edge and added a cross stich boarder (3 strands) around the edge.  I used 5 strands for the frosting (6 was a little to thick).  Lastly I added the Gumball Green card base to give to a little more stability and to hide the back of the stiches.

Items Used

Sweet Threads Simply Sent Bundle
#131105

Basic Pearls
#119247

Melon Mambo Ink
Green Gumball CS
 



-->
This is some cross stitch I made several years ago for my dear grandmother, Violet who passed in June of 2011.  I was overjoyed to get them from her estate this month.  Even though the “Saturday Evening Post” was a Christmas theme she was proud to keep it on display in her living room all year round.
 





1 comment:

  1. Hi, I log on to your blog on a regular basis. Your story-telling
    style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!

    Also visit my web page ... legal cash advance

    ReplyDelete